Mental health challenges know no gender. Men and women alike can suffer from mental health difficulties and may require support. Why then are men less likely to seek help than women? Why is there a Women's Mental Health Alliance in Australia, but not a men's one? Why did the joint Select Committee on the Australian Family Law system find that more than one million children do not have a stable male role model in their lives and what will the consequences of this be on our children?
During their presentations our guest speakers will share their knowledge and insights with us by shining a light on some of these important issues.
Inspired by the six pillars of International Men's Day, in this workshop we will:
- Increase knowledge and awareness on men's mental health and wellbeing;
- Increase knowledge on some of the inequalities surrounding mental health support that men and boys face;
- Increase knowledge on the impact of the different "roles" (such as fatherhood) men can take on, on their mental health;
- Gain practical strategies for engagement and building therapeutic rapport;
- Learn how to harness the power of male community contacts.
At the end of the presentations, you will have the opportunity to ask some questions as well as enjoying some networking with colleagues.
Mt Lawley, WA 6050
Google map and directions