International Men’s Day is celebrated on 19 November every year and is marked in around 80 countries worldwide.
International Men’s Day in Australia is a great opportunity for you to:
- Highlight some of the social issues that men and boys face
- Make a difference for the men and boys in your community
- Celebrate men and boys in all their diversity
- Have some serious fun
This year, International Men’s Day will be held on Friday 19 November 2021, though many people will hold their activities and celebrations before or after the main event.
While there are huge variety of ways you can mark International Men’s Day, most celebrations share one or more of the following objectives:
- Valuing male role models
- Acknowledging the contribution of men and boys
- Improving male health
- Tackling discrimination and disadvantage
- Fostering positive gender relations
- Making the world a safer place for everyone
If you plan to hold an event for International Men’s Day in 2021, you can promote your events on this website, which is hosted by the Australian Men’s Health Forum (AMHF). Email [email protected] for a listing with details of the event including time, place, duration and any costs.
Get in touch if you would like to give a Know Your Man Facts talk, which comes with full PPT deck, speaker notes and an interactive quiz.
AMHF takes an inclusive approach to celebrating International Men’s Day and so we encourage everyone in Australia to join us in marking the day.