International Men’s Day is celebrated on 19th November every year and is marked in around 80 countries worldwide.
International Men’s Day in Australia is a great opportunity for you to:
- Highlight some of the social issues than men and boys face
- Make a difference for the men and boys in your community
- Celebrate men and boys in all their diversity
- Have some serious fun
This year, International Men’s Day will be held on Monday 19th November 2018, though many people will hold their activities and celebrations before or after the main event.
While there are huge variety of ways you can mark International Men’s Day, most celebrations share one or more of the following objectives:
- Valuing male role models
- Acknowledging the contribution of men and boys
- Improving male health
- Tackling discrimination and disadvantage
- Fostering positive gender relations
- Making the world a safer place for everyone
If you plan to hold an event for International Men’s Day in 2018, you can promote your events on this website, which is hosted by the Australian Men’s Health Forum (AMHF).
AMHF takes an inclusive approach to celebrating International Men’s Day and so we encourage everyone in Australia to join us in marking the day.
As well as our obvious interest in men and boys’ health, this year we invite you to join us in getting Australia talking about men, manhood, masculinity and men’s issues on International Men’s Day.