Men supporting men through mateship, connection and resilience.
These workshops provide a place for men to connect with other men in a setting that's non-judgemental and recognises the range of challenges, as well as growth opportunities that men experience in today's society. Build skills to support others ,as well as gaining new tools to enhance your own life. Those looking to become volunteer trained mentors (available to support other men) are encouraged to speak with the facilitator at the workshop.
An informal BBQ takes place an hour prior to the workshop across the road from the surf club and the workshop is through the glass doors on the ground floor.
We will be following the latest health advice in relation to social distancing, hand hygiene, encouraging anyone who is unwell or been in contact with someone with a known case not to attend etc. Parts of the Gold Coast workshops are delivered outdoors so please dress warm.
Gatherings are limited due to COVID so please ensure you register to attend through Eventbrite or by contacting [email protected] / M: 0419 750 607
Please keep an eye on your emails leading up to the workshop in case any changes are required due to COVID, weather or any unforeseen circumstances.
Please visit the Marcus Mission website for the full schedule of November face to face and online workshops.
The usual COVID precautions are still applying:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water, before and after eating as well as after attending the toilet,
• Use alcohol-based hand rub between washes to further reduce the risk of infection,
• Avoid handshaking,
• Avoid touching your mouth or face,
• Avoid contact with people who are unwell, and cough and sneeze into your elbow.
• Participants and staff asked not to attend workshop if any potential risk in line with current Govt Health advice e.g. exposure to known case, attended hotspot etc.
Marcus Mission is initiative of Wesley Mission Queensland. Contact [email protected] / M: 0419 750 607 to book for this free event.